San Diego Chargers Helmets: 1960-73
Riddell did not manufacture a pocket pro for the first Chargers helmet. The photos below are custom made helmets.
This style helmet was in the Throwback Series 2, AFL 50th Anniversary Throwback, and Throwback AFC 1969 2-bar set. All three of these helmets have subtle differences. The actual Charger helmets from this era had player numbers on the helmets. The Series 2 and AFL 50th Anniversary helmets do not have player numbers. The AFL 1969 Throwback does not have an “R” by the earhole.
This style helmet was worn by the Chargers as a throwback in some games in 2000, 2002-06, and 2009.
In 1963, the Chargers helmet had an “All American City” decal on the front of the helmet. This was not officially made by Riddell. The photo below is a custom.
Riddell did not manufacture a pocket pro for this era’s Chargers helmet. The photo below is a custom by Mr. Ramirez 44
2007-2018 and 2019-present
Pocket Pro Checklist
- 1961-65/67-73 (as throwback in 2000, 2002-06 & 2009): White helmet, yellow bolt with blue outline, blue player number
- Throwback 1969 AFC 2-bar (“69” on helmet)
- Throwback Series 2 – no player # on helmet (original style) / Throwback AFL 50th Anniversary – no player # on helmet (original style)
- 1966: White helmet, plain blue bolt, blue player number
- Throwback Series 1 (original style) – no player # on helmet
- Throwback 2-bar – no player # on helmet
- 1988-2006: Blue helmet, white bolt with blue and yellow outline, blue facemask
- Original (97, 99, 03)
- Chrome (original style)
- 2007-2018:White helmet, yellow bolt with light blue and dark blue outline, blue facemask
- 2019-present: White helmet, yellow bolt with light blue and dark blue outline, yellow facemask
Other Los Angeles Chargers Helmets
These pocket pro helmets were not officially made by Riddell. They only exist as custom helmets.