1976-82 and 1983-2001
The Seahawks wore this style helmet for 25 years. In 1983, the facemask was changed from grey to blue. The helmet with the grey facemask is in the Throwback Series 1, Throwback Series 2, and Throwback 2-bar sets. The helmet with the blue facemask is only available in the Traditional set.
The more modern Seahawks helmet was revealed in 2002. It’s in the Traditional, chrome, and revolution sets.
The 2012 helmet had some design modifications, including a new top helmet striping and a decal that wraps around the entire helmet. It’s in the revolution and speed sets.
- 1976-82: Silver helmet, classic Seahawk, grey facemask
- 1983-2001: Silver helmet, classic Seahawk, blue facemask
- Traditional / Throwback Series 2
- 2002-11: Teal helmet, modern Seahawk, teal facemask
- 2012-present: Teal helmet, modern Seahawk connected in back, tapered blue stripe, teal facemask
- Gridiron Uniform Database, Seattle Seahawks
- Helmet History.com, Seattle Seahawks
- Hecken, Phil. (2014, Feb. 1). Seahawks Uniform History: 1976-present. Uniwatch.com.
- Quesada, Mitch. (no date). The History Behind the Seahawks’ Unique Uniform. Fansided.com.
- Seahawks Game. (2016, Oct. 6). Seahawks Helmet History (video).
- Uschack, Roman. (2011, Nov. 5). Seattle Seahawks and Their Uniform Changes Over the Years. Bleacher Report.