1952-56, 1957-59, and 1960
Between 1952 and 1956, the Browns helmet was plain orange with a white stripe and grey facemask. In 1957, Cleveland added black player numbers to the helmet. There are no pocket pros for these helmets, although custom-made pocket pro helmets exist.
In 1960, Cleveland added black stripes around the white stripe. This helmet is in the Throwback Series 2 set.
The 1969 2-bar throwback helmet has the Riddell logo in all caps (RIDDELL). The regular Throwback 2-bar helmet has some cursive font (RIDDell). See the Throwback NFC 1969 site for more information.
Cleveland switched back to a grey facemask in 2006 (this was the same helmet as 1961-74). This helmet is in the Revolution set.
Pocket Pro Helmet Checklist
- 1960: Orange helmet, white/brown stripes, grey facemask, player number decals
- Throwback Series 2 (original style)
- 1961-74: Orange helmet, white/brown stripes, grey facemask
- Throwback Series 1 (original style)
- Throwback 2-bar
- Throwback NFC 1969 2-bar (“69”)
- 1975-2005: Orange helmet, white/brown stripes, white facemask
- Original (97, 99, 03)
- Chrome (original style)
- 2006-14: Orange helmet, white/brown stripes, grey facemask (same style as 1961-74)
- 2015-present: Orange helmet, white/brown stripes, black facemask
Other Cleveland Browns Helmets
These pocket pro helmets were not officially made by Riddell. They only exist as custom helmets.
1946-51:Plain white leather helmet
1950: Plain orange leather helmet
1952-56: Orange helmet, single white stripe, grey facemask
1957-59: Orange helmet, single white stripe, grey facemask, player number decals